Same style jersey "Willie Mays" wore during the 1973 season while leading the "New York Mets" to the "World Series"
- Manufactured by "Majestic Athletic"
- Cooperstown Collection Throwback Series
- 100% polyester heavyweight "Double Knit" fabric
- Re-inforced stitching on shoulder and sleeve seams
- Full button front style
- Majestic "Cooperstown" neck label
- Majestic "Cooperstown" jock tag on lower front
- Made in USA
Team Logo(s) Features:
- "New York" is sewn on the front of the jersey in 2-colors
- "Mets" embroidered crest is sewn on the left sleeve
Players Name and Numbers "Customization" features:
- "Mays" is sewn on the back of the jersey in 2-color Pro Twill fabric (Jersey is also available without the name "Mays" sewn on the back - see picture)
- # 24 is professionally sewn on the front and back of the jersey in 2-color Pro Twill fabric
- The name and numbers are customized (sewn) in the "Mets" official style font and colors
Please do not confuse or compare the above jersey we are selling to other similar Majestic Cooperstown "Cool Base" jerseys being sold by other sellers online. The Majestic jersey we are selling above is made in the USA of "100% Heavyweight Polyester Fabric" which is of far superior quality to the much lighter and "flimsy" "Cool Base" jerseys being sold elsewhere. As well the jersey we are selling features the team logos, and Players Name & Numbers fully stitched on the jersey, whereas the "Cool Base" jerseys feature the team logos "Printed" on the jersey. Although the jerseys may look the same, there is no comparison in quality
Posted by Jim on 11th Sep 2019
Willie Mays has been my all-time sports idol since I was little. My dream of seeing him play came true in June 1973, his final season, and his second year with the Mets. I saw him in Philly, so, he was wearing the away gray uniform. When I saw that CTJ actually offered that jersey, there was no choice. I had to get it. In comparing it to photos of Willie Mays in 1973, it is a faithful reproduction in every way. Fantastic item!
Posted by Edwin Glass on 18th Aug 2017
Beautiful crafted jersey....these guys are best !!