Same style jersey "Jackie Robinson" wore in 1955 while leading the "Brooklyn Dodgers" to their historic "World Series" championship
- Manufactured by "Majestic Athletic"
- Cooperstown Collection Throwback Series
- 100% polyester heavyweight "Double Knit" fabric
- Re-inforced stitching on shoulder and sleeve seams
- Full button front style
- Majestic "Cooperstown" neck label
- Majestic "Cooperstown" jock tag on lower front
- Made in USA
Team Logo(s) Features:
- "Dodgers" is sewn on the front of the jersey in 1-color
Player Number(s) "Customization" features:
- # 42 is professionally sewn on the back of the jersey in 1-color Pro Twill fabric
- The numbers are customized (sewn) in the "Dodgers" official style font and colors as worn during this period
Please do not confuse or compare the above jersey we are selling to other similar Majestic Cooperstown "Cool Base" jerseys being sold by other sellers online. The Majestic jersey we are selling above is made in the USA of "100% Heavyweight Polyester Fabric" which is of far superior quality to the much lighter and "flimsy" "Cool Base" jerseys being sold elsewhere. As well the jersey we are selling features the team logos, and Players Numbers fully stitched on the jersey, whereas the "Cool Base" jerseys feature the team logos "Printed" on the jersey. Although the jerseys may look the same, there is no comparison in quality
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/socialguidancefilms It was the first game of the 1955 World Series between the Dodgers and the Yankees. Trailing 4-6 at the top of the eighth inning with two outs, Jackie Robinson risks 270 feet of progress on the base paths with a daring steal of home, beating Whitey Ford's pitch to the plate. Years later catcher Yogi Berra still maintained Robinson was out.