Same style jersey "Mario Lemieux" wore during his "Rookie" season in 1984-85 as a member of the "Pittsburgh Penguins"
- Manufactured by "CCM"
- V550 Replica model
- Vintage Collection Throwback Series
- 100% polyester heavyweight "Air Knit" fabric
- Re-inforced stitching on shoulder and armhole seams
- Double layer shoulders
- CCM "Vintage" neck label
- CCM embroidered logo on lower back hem
- Made in Canada
Team Logo(s) Features:
- As with every CCM Vintage V550 model the "Penguins" front embroidered crest is "Glued" on the jersey
Players Name and Numbers "Customization" features:
- "Lemieux" is sewn on a Name Bar which is then sewn on the back of the jersey in 1-color
- # 66 is sewn on the back and each sleeve of the jersey in 2-colors
- The name and numbers are customized (sewn) in the "Penguins" official style font and colors as worn during this period
- All customization is done in Pro Twill fabric
- Every Hockey Jersey we sell has the players name and number(s) professionally SEWN on the jersey in the official team font and colors
- There are many other sellers who are selling hockey jerseys that have the players name and numbers "GLUED" on the jersey, theirs are NOT sewn
- You can easily verify whether the Name and Numbers are actually sewn on the jersey by simply turning the jersey "inside-out". If the Name and Numbers are sewn on you should see a "zig-zag" stitch outline on the inside of the jersey. If you do not see a "zig-zag" stitch outline then the Name and Numbers are "Glued" on
Posted by Stuart on 25th Oct 2019
The crown jewel of my jersey collection. Easy to spot knock-offs of this jersey because:
1. The nameplate font is usually wrong
2. They often put a captain's C for Mario on this jersey even though he never wore this jersey as a captain.
This jersey is the real deal and spot-on perfect.
Posted by Jonathan Graham on 12th Nov 2014
These jerseys are always top notch and this one does not disappoint. Early 80's gold jersey gave the Pens some serious style, and the 2nd best player of all time now hangs boldly in my collection.