Same style jersey "Casey Stengel" wore while managing the "Mets" in their inaugural season in 1962
- Manufactured by "Majestic Athletic"
- Cooperstown Collection Throwback Series
- 100% polyester heavyweight "Double Knit" fabric
- Full button front style
- Majestic "Cooperstown" neck label
- Majestic "Cooperstown" jock tag on lower front
- Made in USA
Team Logo(s) Features:
- "Mets" is sewn on the front of the jersey in 2-colors
- "Mets" embroidered crest is sewn on the left sleeve
Players Name and Numbers "Customization" features:
- "Stengel" is sewn on the back of the jersey in 2-color Pro Twill fabric (Jersey is also available without the name "Stengel" sewn on the back - see picture)
- # 37 is professionally sewn on the front and back of the jersey in 2-color Pro Twill fabric
- The name and numbers are customized (sewn) in the "Mets" official style font and colors as worn during this period
Please do not confuse or compare the above jersey we are selling to other similar Majestic Cooperstown "Cool Base" jerseys being sold by other sellers online. The Majestic jersey we are selling above is made in the USA of "100% Heavyweight Polyester Fabric" which is of far superior quality to the much lighter and "flimsy" "Cool Base" jerseys being sold elsewhere. As well the jersey we are selling features the team logos, and Players Name & Numbers fully stitched on the jersey, whereas the "Cool Base" jerseys feature the team logos "Printed" on the jersey. Although the jerseys may look the same, there is no comparison in quality
Posted by Stenc on 12th Apr 2015
Ordered this jersey with name on it because it is only one letter off of the spelling of my actual name. Oh, and I happen to be a Met fan all of my life (54) born the year they were born. Quality of jersey is first rate, comfortable..It has become my "go to" jersey.
Posted by Ken Mardell, Miami on 20th Feb 2012
Received this as a gift and I am thrilled. Took a while to get here, but well worth the wait.
The fabric is heavier than I had thought it would be, the stitching and quality are top notch. The logos are authentic - the colors and fonts and sizes are correct. The insignia are sewn on very thoroughly and securely.
There are no loose threads or mistakes in the sewing - it's really well done and to all appearances perfect.
Thanks to my mom, I am probably the only person in my region to have an authentic Casey Stengel Mets jersey. I intend to wear it proudly until I'm too old to sit on a bar stool and have to retire.