Same style jersey "Mario Lemieux" and the "Pittsburgh Penguins" wore during the mid 1996-1997 season
- Manufactured by "CCM"
- V550 Replica model
- 100% polyester heavyweight "Air Knit" fabric
- Re-inforced stitching on shoulder and armhole seams
- Double layer shoulders
- CCM woven neck label
- CCM embroidered logo on lower back
- Made in Canada
Team Logo(s) Features:
- As with every CCM V550 model the "Penguins" front embroidered crest is "Glued" on the jersey
Players Name and Numbers "Customization" features:
- "Lemieux" is sewn on a Name Bar which is then sewn on the back of the jersey in 2-colors
- # 66 is sewn on the back and each sleeve of the jersey in 2-colors
- Captain's "C" is sewn on the front of the jersey in 2-colors
- The name and numbers are customized (sewn) in the "Penguins" official style font and colors as worn during this period
- All customization is done in Pro Twill fabric
- Every Hockey Jersey we sell has the players name and number(s) professionally SEWN on the jersey in the official team font and colors
- There are many other sellers who are selling hockey jerseys that have the players name and numbers "GLUED" on the jersey, theirs are NOT sewn
- You can easily verify whether the Name and Numbers are actually sewn on the jersey by simply turning the jersey "inside-out". If the Name and Numbers are sewn on you should see a "zig-zag" stitch outline on the inside of the jersey. If you do not see a "zig-zag" stitch outline then the Name and Numbers are "Glued" on
Posted by Steve on 15th Dec 2019
This jersey is an absolute classic...very hard to find which is why I always shop at Custom Throwbacks.
Posted by Nick F on 2nd Oct 2017
I have bought three sweaters from this site to date and each are amazing. The quality is better than official NHL licensed apparel. The hand stitched logos and patches are flawless. 5/5
Posted by Brian on 27th Jun 2013
After looking through multiple places for this jersey, I chose this one not only because of the great pictures it shows you but because of the size guidelines you are given. Now for the jersey itself, everything is sewn on except for the logo which is what they tell you in the description. The quality of the jersey is fantastic, the numbers and everything are sewn on well. Even though the logo is glued on it still looks really great. Really pleased with it and have no complaints, would recommend this to any Penguins fan!
Posted by Tony P on 22nd Apr 2013
I am very happy with this product. I'd give it 4.5 stars. The one and only complaint is that the yellow isn't as bright on this jersey as it was on the original. The pens logo is glued on, not sewn, but they admit that right on the item description. Theres enough border that it could easily be sewn in place. I haven't had so much as a corner start to come up though. Everything else is sewn on and looks good. Overall I'm very happy with it
Posted by Nicholas Keen on 20th Jan 2011
Love it. The jersey looks amazing and is well done. I had been looking around various places to find this particular jersey, and the pictures made me go with this one. And thanks to the size charts that tell what each manufacturer uses for sizing, I was able to pick a size that fits right, instead of taking a wild guess.