Same style jersey "Andy Messersmith" wore in 1976 as a member of the "Atlanta Braves". Braves players wore "Nick Names" on the back of their jerseys that season. Ted Turner (Braves owner) had Messersmith wear the nick name "Channel" to help promote his TV station "Channel 17"
- Manufactured by "Majestic Athletic"
- Cooperstown Collection Throwback Series
- 100% polyester heavyweight "Double Knit" fabric
- Rib knit V-neck and cuff trim
- Majestic "Cooperstown" neck label
- Majestic "Cooperstown" jock tag on lower front
- Made in USA
Team Logo(s) Features:
- "Braves" is sewn on the front of the jersey in 3-colors
Player's Name & Number(s) "Customization" features:
- "Channel" is sewn on the back of the jersey in 3-colors (Jersey is also available without the name "Channel" sewn on the back - see picture)
- # 17 is professionally sewn on the front and back of the jersey in 3-color Pro Twill fabric
- The numbers are customized (sewn) in the "Braves" official style font and colors as worn during this period
Please do not confuse or compare the above jersey we are selling to other similar Majestic Cooperstown "Cool Base" jerseys being sold by other sellers online. The Majestic jersey we are selling above is made in the USA of "100% Heavyweight Polyester Fabric" which is of far superior quality to the much lighter and "flimsy" "Cool Base" jerseys being sold elsewhere. As well the jersey we are selling features the team logos, and Players Name & Numbers fully stitched on the jersey, whereas the "Cool Base" jerseys feature the team logos "Printed" on the jersey. Although the jerseys may look the same, there is no comparison in quality