Same style jersey "Joe Dimaggio" wore during the 1939 season while playing for the "New York Yankees"
- Manufactured by "Majestic Athletic"
- Cooperstown Collection Throwback Series
- 100% polyester heavyweight "Double Knit" fabric
- Re-inforced stitching on shoulder and sleeve seams
- Full button front style
- Majestic "Cooperstown" neck label
- Majestic "Cooperstown" jock tag on lower front
- Made in USA
Team Logo(s) Features:
- Yankees "NY" logo is sewn on the front left chest in 1-color "Pro Felt"
- "100th Year" Baseball Centennial Anniversary embroidered crest is sewn on the left sleeve
Players Number "Customization" features:
- # 5 is professionally sewn on the back of the jersey in 1-color Pro Felt fabric
- The # 5 is customized (sewn) in the "Yankees" official style font, color, and fabric as worn during this period
Please do not confuse or compare the above jersey we are selling to other similar Majestic Cooperstown jerseys being sold by other sellers online. The jersey we are selling is made of "100% Heavyweight Polyester Fabric" which is of far superior quality to the much lighter and cheaper "Cotton" jerseys being sold elsewhere. Although the jerseys may look the same, there is no comparison in quality
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on 25th Aug 2019
It is exactly like I hoped it would be. The material is great. The style of the number on back and logo on the front is proper font of the period. I would recommend purchasing anything from this company to anyone.
Posted by Art Lenert on 8th Dec 2015
This is a great looking jersey. I have seen pictures of these era Yankee jerseys, and this looks just like them. I understand that back in 1939 that the jerseys were made of flannel and this one I have is made of polyester. Still, I love it!
Posted by Larry Peitrer on 18th Oct 2013
Best, highest quality jersey I've ever purchased.