Same style jersey "Willie Mays" wore during his 1951 "Rookie" season while playing for the "New York Giants"
- Manufactured by "Majestic Athletic"
- Cooperstown Collection Throwback Series
- 100% polyester heavyweight "Double Knit" fabric
- Full button front style
- Majestic "Cooperstown" neck label
- Majestic "Cooperstown" jock tag on lower front
- Made in USA
Team Logo(s) Features:
- "New York" is sewn on the front of the jersey in 2-colors
- National League "75th Year" anniversary embroidered crest is sewn on the left sleeve
Players Number(s) "Customization" Features:
- # 24 is professionally sewn on the back of the jersey in 2-color Pro Twill fabric
- The numbers are customized (sewn) in the "Giants" official style font and colors as worn during this period
Please do not confuse or compare the above jersey we are selling to other similar Majestic Replica jerseys being sold by other sellers online. The jersey we are selling features the player's number(s) fully "Sewn" on the back of the jersey in 2-colors. The jerseys being sold elsewhere feature the players number(s) "Screen Printed" on. Although the jerseys may look the same, there is no comparison in quality
Posted by B. Brophy on 7th Feb 2017
This is an incredible jersey for the price. The jersey material is good quality, the stitching is professional, and it looks great. Sizing is also true to standard Majestic-type sizes. Sure, it's not wool and the sleeve piping isn't an exact historical match, but very few will ever realize it. I'm getting so many compliments on the west coast and I can't wait to take it with me to NYC! Let's Go Giants!
Posted by william allen on 20th May 2016
This was a very hard jersey to find online and i was fortunate CTJ's got it. Now my only small issue with the jersey is that the black & orange ring around the arm sleeve's could have been a tad bit lower like in the willie mays photo. But other than that this is a Really Really nice jersey, the double stitching of the letters and numbers are great and it just feels like a piece of nyc history that some or most new yorkers dont know about. And the jersey looks even better with my ny giants new era cap :)